The Pixel Dailies Facebook page does not keep or store your data.
A small RPG-type character generator.
Here’s a tiny interview I did for The Setup, talking about some of the hardware and software I use to make things.
We just ran a massive pixel art collaboration over at Pixel Dailies, featuring art from our awesome pixel art community. Here’s the final image (click to embiggen). Can you spot my own Moonman?
Here’s how I got libpd built and running under Windows. The key is to use msys2 and mingw-w64 instead of the older mingw32.
# install msys2-installer
# open msys2_shell
pacman –needed -Sy bash pacman pacman-mirrors msys2-runtime
# restart msys_shell
pacman -S git
pacman -S mingw32/mingw-w64-i686-gcc
pacman -S make
# run mingw32_shell.bat
# issues with git ca certs? try http://stackoverflow.com/a/8467406
git clone https://github.com/libpd/libpd.git libpd
# update the pure-data submodule
git submodule init
git submodule update
# build it
make UTIL=true EXTRA=true
# set path to dlls
# c sample
env CC=gcc make UTIL=true EXTRA=true
./pdtest.exe test.pd .
Ben@bentoshi MINGW32 /c/dev/libpd/samples/c/pdtest
$ ./pdtest.exe test.pd .
bonk version 1.5
expr, expr~, fexpr~ version 0.4 under GNU Lesser General Public License
fiddle version 1.1 TEST4
pique 0.1 for PD version 23
sigmund~ version 0.07
noteon: 0 0 0
noteon: 0 1 0
noteon: 0 2 0
noteon: 0 3 0
noteon: 0 4 0
As for samples/cpp/pdtest_rtaudio … adding “AUDIO_API = -lole32 -loleaut32 -ldsound -lwinmm” to the windows section of the Makefile eliminates a few of the link errors. I still get some link errors … but I’ll tackle those another time.
Update: I’ve got c++ bindings working now. There were a few minor flags to add to some Makefiles, notably -Wl,–export-all-symbols to the linker and some windows libs to the rtaudio demo. I’ve submitted the patch.
Update 2: After a bit of work today I also got libpd and sfml talking nicely to each other.
Here I am! Surrounded by a bunch of rad creative people. Drawn by the awesome Meowza.